Shady Hill School, Cambridge, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Shady Hill Afterschool Program is seeking after school staff members for the 2019-20 school year. This is a part-time position. We are seeking dedicated, dynamic and engaging instructors to join our experienced after school team. This is a great opportunity for those seeking to gain some classroom teaching time, while they are working towards their degree.
For over 100 years, Shady Hill has been a leader in progressive elementary education and our after school program is part of that tradition. The program allows children to explore their worlds and test their powers; we seek to develop independent, joyful and curious learners who respect their own accomplishments and those of others. As a diverse school, we believe that a varied and inclusive community is an educational and moral imperative that empowers us all. Therefore, we especially welcome applications from candidates who will contribute to our multicultural community.
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays 2:30 PM – 6:00* PM
Wednesdays 11:30 AM – 6:00* PM
* Afterschool staff are required to stay until the last child leaves on a rotating basis
- Develop curriculum plans and activities to engage students through hands-on curriculum
- Monitor student attendance by collecting attendance rosters and updating attendance database
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each student by creating a safe and engaging classroom
- Observes all rules and regulations of Shady Hill School
- Care for and maintain Afterschool spaces, equipment, supplies and property of the program
- Other essential duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS OF PREFERRED CANDIDATES:
- Experience working with children in a multi-age setting
- Experience coaching a sport and/or experience working with children in the following areas:
- Art and crafts
- Creative Writing
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance community
- Interest in child development and best practices in education
- Commitment to respecting the needs of each child and honoring the pace of childhood
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Please be sure to include “Afterschool Teacher” in the subject line of the e-mail.
For a description of the school, refer to: www.shs.org. Shady Hill is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance plans, a school-matched retirement plan and paid time off.