- Information Technology
Shrewsbury Montessori School, Shrewsbury, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
Shrewsbury Montessori School is seeking a part-time Technology teacher for the 2019-2020 year. The ideal candidate has previous experience working with students along with a strong background in technology/computer science and STEAM. Bachelor’s degree is required, advanced degree and Montessori experience is a plus. The Technology teacher instructs students in grades K-6 and works in close collaboration with administration, classroom teachers and other specialists while being an active and involved member of our school community. Strong interpersonal and communications skills are a must. The position also requires one to:
- Keep abreast of relevant pedagogy, strategies and technologies, and continually engage in learning, self-improvement, and exploration to improve the curriculum and student learning.
- Maintain knowledge of
- Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering (STE) Curriculum Framework
- Digital Literacy and Computer Science (DLCS) Curriculum Framework
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- International Society for Technology in Education’s (ISTE) Student Standards
- Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA) Guidelines
- Coordinate the implementation of integrating STEAM in the school curriculum that supports the Montessori philosophy.
- Have strong Google Apps for Education skills (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, etc.)
- Deliver STEAM orientated instruction through project-based learning methods.
- Collaborate with teachers to support their use of technology.
- Facilitate the effective use of technology in the classroom and school environment.
- Have experience or familiarity with the tools and programs such as 3D printing, coding, VEX Robotics and Engineering Design Process.
- Maintain and manage STEAM technology and equipment in support of student learning.
- Monitor the appropriate use of technology by students.
Shrewsbury Montessori School is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all aspects of school life.
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
(State name and position sought in email header.) No phone calls or solicitations please.
For more information visit: www.shrewsburymontessori.org