Nashoba Brooks School, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Apply here by submitting a cover letter and résumé to: Jane O’Connor, Assistant Head of Lower School.
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for boys and girls, age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8 with an enrollment of 280 and growing. The school is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” At Nashoba Brooks, we believe that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks a full-time Spanish teacher for the 2019-2020 academic year. This position is responsible for teaching Preschool, Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grades 6-8 Spanish classes. Candidates for this position will demonstrate a passion for teaching young children, as well as a deep understanding of the social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of children ages 3-13. The successful candidate will possess the desire to work in a dynamic, student-centered school committed to continuous learning and excellence in 21st century education. A teacher at Nashoba Brooks models the mission of the School to create a student-centered, mission-driven learning environment for students.
Nashoba Brooks teachers:
· Work closely with teaching and administrative employees to support the educational, social and emotional development of students.
· Communicate proactively and effectively with students and parents, including writing individualized student reports, and participating in parent/teacher conferences.
· Participate as an active member of teaching teams to support curriculum development and integration.
· Work collaboratively with teaching team members, the learning specialist, and School counselor to identify and address student learning needs.
· Model excellent problem solving and project management skills with a commitment to viewing challenges as problems that can be solved rather than obstacles that cannot be overcome.
· Support effective communication and collaboration within the teaching teams.
Strong candidates will demonstrate:
· Excellent knowledge in teaching Spanish to early elementary and middle school aged children.
· Excellence in integrated curriculum development, lesson planning, technology integration, and formative use of student assessments for Middle School students.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, which include: an ability to write detailed comments on students’ progress reports, including the ability to communicate directly, effectively, respectfully and constructively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
· An ability to effectively differentiate curriculum to teach students with diverse learning styles.
· Proactive teacher-parent interaction and communication.
· A proven track record of efficient project management and problem solving skills with the ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks, independently or collaboratively, as required.
· Proficiency with technology and technology integration to support learning.
· Bachelor’s degree with significant coursework in elementary education required; master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum of three years of experience in elementary through middle school teaching.
· Commitment to ongoing professional development.
The successful candidate will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Jane O’Connor, Assistant Head of Lower School Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish Teacher