Waldorf School at Moraine Farm, Beverly, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AWSNA
Job Title: Spanish Teacher
Waldorf School at Moraine Farm is seeking an experienced, Waldorf-trained Spanish teacher the 2021-2022 school year. This teacher will be responsible for creating and teaching a grades 1-8 Spanish curriculum.
Our growing school, now in its 35th year, are full members of AWSNA, AISNE and NAIS. Our school has over 100 children enrolled in nursery through eighth grade. Children in grades one through eight participate in several subject classes, including Physical Education, Music (Strings and Orchestra), Handwork, and German. Our Early Childhood program includes kindergarten, nursery and parent & child classes.
Our faculty is a diverse mix of both new and experienced teachers. We are committed to faculty support and development and provide ongoing mentoring and regular evaluation. We enjoy strong collaborative relationships among our Faculty, Administrators, Board, and parents. We are located in a picturesque area just north of Boston, Massachusetts. Our campus is located at the historic Moraine Farm property. We are a short, commuter-train ride to Boston, with its world-class symphony orchestra, museums, and universities. To learn more about our school, visit our website, www.waldorfmoraine.org
- Participate in regular conversations with class teachers regarding students and work of the class.
- Attend parent meetings at the request of a class teacher.
- Contribute, through curriculum, to assemblies and other modes of presentation.
- Act in a professional manner and in accordance with school policy.
- Prepare classroom (as required).
- Order and procure supplies.
- Communicate, in a timely manner, with parents.
- Hold twice-yearly parent conferences.
- Write progress reports.
- Participate in a mentoring program.
- Participate in the evaluation process.
- Attend all professional days and work weeks.
- Pursue professional development.
- Attend faculty business and pedagogical meetings.
- Assist in festival and other event preparation as needed.
- Participate in enrollment and retention work and events, including limited activities during summer and other vacation periods.
- Fulfill recess and other duties.
- Participate in substitution needs.
- Participate in/or lead programs related to the field of expertise.
- Completed CPR, First Aid, Epi Pen & AED Certification annually.
- 1 – 2 years of previous relevant experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and responsible
- Works well in teams as well as independently
Waldorf School at Moraine Farm promotes respect for all students, employees, and applicants for admissions or employment, and prohibits discrimination to the full extent required by law, including discrimination based on race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, familial or marital status, military status, or any other category which is protected by applicable federal, state or local law. These nondiscrimination policies apply in the administration of our educational policies, hiring policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletics, and other school-administered programs.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and three references with “Spanish Teacher” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
701 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915 / 978.927.8811 / waldorfmoraine.org