Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston, Newton, MA
Accredited by AISNE
- Assist in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum for young children.
- Assist in developing activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of children.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with children, parents and staff.
- Assist in the care and supervision of children at all times.
- The ideal candidate must be warm, nurturing and passionate about working with young children.
- High School diploma required, background in education/early childhood education preferred.
- Two years of relevant work experience, preferred.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift 50 pounds.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, as the school is not accessible by public transportation.
Core Program Hours:
- Monday-Friday, 7:45am-3:45pm.
Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate.
- We thrive to provide a comprehensive benefits package that supports our faculty and staff, including: health insurance, prescription drug benefit, vision, healthcare/dependent care flexible spending account (FSA), long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer matching, tuition reduction for employees’ children, paid holidays, sick time and personal time, and early dismissal on Fridays.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About the School:
Gan Shelanu is the early childhood program of the Solomon Schechter Day School, the premier Jewish Day School in Greater Boston. The program is designed for children ages 15 months to 4+ years. At Gan Shelanu we believe that children’s work is their play. Our thematic curriculum is play-based, incorporating weekly specialists in music, art, literacy and physical education. Jewish life and Jewish identity are cornerstones of our program. Children learn about Jewish values, Hebrew, holidays and traditions.