Solomon Schechter Day School, Inc., Newton, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Solomon Schechter Day School is looking to hire a dynamic and engaging individual to teach and mentor students in the intersection of STEM and entrepreneurship.
Job Description: (may include some or all of the following)
- Design, plan and implement an elective Entrepreneurship class for grade 6-8, that motivates students, and develops an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Design, plan and implement STEM classes for grades 6-8 and grades 4-5
- Mentor groups of students involved in a year-long social entrepreneurship program.
- Teach STEM class to students in Grades 4 & 5.
- Direct entrepreneurial experience, and ability to teach students how to develop an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Background in STEM, with ability to coach and mentor students on a variety of technology, and design tools.
- Interest and ability to connect with students.
The elective class meets on Tuesday and Thursday from 3:15-4:05pm. Additional hours are available depending on other job responsibilities that are of interest. The hours for preparation can be flexible.
Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
About the School:
The Solomon Schechter Day School (15 months through Grade 8) nurtures self-discovery through an innovative and engaging curriculum. We ignite a spark in students for Jewish learning and a love of Israel while fostering a caring, collaborative and joyful community.
We are looking for educators who are excited about:
- Student-centered learning. You are an educator that strives every day to create a classroom environment that is truly a community of learners, where students reflect on what they are learning and how they are learning it.
- Creativity and innovation. You are looking for a creative and innovative environment to teach, where you are empowered to identify ways to nurture and challenge students.
- Small class sizes. You thrive in small class sizes, that ensure students and educators are in the optimal environment to be successful.
- Educator community. You want to work with self-reflective colleagues, who are constantly trying to learn and grow as educators, and support the learning of peers.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org