Middlesex School, Concord, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Founded in 1901 in Concord, Massachusetts, Middlesex School is a non-sectarian, coeducational, college-preparatory residential secondary school of 391 students. For more information on the School, please consult our website: www.mxschool.edu
Middlesex has a long history of significant financial support from alumni, parents, friends, and foundations. With a growing network of alumni steadily increasing in size and engagement, the School benefits from our constituents’ loyalty, connection, and generosity. In 2016, we successfully completed a $200+ million capital campaign; also in 2016, 91% of current parents and 48%+ of alumni participated in annual giving.
Post-campaign, Middlesex School seeks an experienced professional to support our on-going donor recognition and stewardship efforts. The Stewardship Coordinator will report to the Directors of Development and Advancement and work closely with all members of the Alumni/Development team to optimize the ways we acknowledge and cultivate good relationships with our constituents and donors. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing organizational and administrative support for all fundraising efforts
- Preparing fundraising materials including individual proposals, solicitation letters and campaign publications including newsletters and electronic communications
- Managing our stewardship program, including endowed fund notification and our leadership gift recognition program
- With the Associate Director of Development for Annual Giving, manage the production of the Annual Report
- Maintain our prospect tracking system, working closely with our Data Quality Manager and other staff members
- Coordinate special events related to stewardship for both annual and capital giving
- Participate as necessary in the activities of the Alumni and Development Office
This position is a full-time, permanent, benefit-eligible staff position, requiring 35 hours per week year-round. The ideal candidate will have three years or more years of professional experience in a fast-paced office environment, with development or related experience preferred. He or she will have excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively. Required professional competencies include a positive mindset, comfort with technology, especially Word, Excel and Power Point, and facility with social media. A bachelor’s degree and experience with independent schools are preferred.
Please email a cover letter expressing your qualifications for the position and interest in Middlesex School to Cheryl Steele at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stewardship Coordinator Search should be the subject line and the email should contain a cover letter, current resume and three professional references as a single pdf attachment. Materials will be accepted until the position is filled.
Middlesex School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Middlesex School does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or pregnancy-related conditions, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Middlesex School is committed to cultivating and sustaining a community that embraces difference, practices inclusivity, and requires cultural respect and awareness. Middlesex School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.