Boston College High School, Boston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
About BC High
We strive to challenge our students to become young men of integrity, educated in faith and for justice, committed to academic excellence and service to others.
As a Jesuit, Catholic high school, we strive to reflect the diversity of our church and community. Our mission since 1863 has been to form leaders of competence, conscience and compassion who seek to do all things ad majorem Dei gloriam – for the greater glory of God.
The Student Services Manager of Billing and Receivables is responsible for all aspects of student billing and collection which includes coordinating billing efforts with FACTS, assisting families with billing and/or collection inquiries, creation and maintenance of payment plans, posting student account activity, and monitoring balances. This position will work closely with the Admissions Department and Financial Aid to understand family’s needs.
This position is also responsible for a number of the other accounting functions of the Finance Office.
Essential job functions
- Coordinate with FACTS to ensure that all students are billed properly each year. Specific duties include applying all charges for tuition and fees, credits for financial aid to student budgets, and recording payment plans. Ensure the posting of student payments received from FACTS to individual student accounts.
- Serve as liaison between parents, FACTS and the School to resolve all billing questions and issues. Post all payments received at the school to FACTS database and make adjustments as necessary.
- Perform monthly journal entries and reconciliations to ensure that FACTS database aligns with the General Ledger.
- Monitor student account balances throughout the year. Contact parents as necessary, via telephone, mail, email, and web page updates to resolve outstanding and/or delinquent balances. Enhance the process for tracking and following up on unpaid Tuition Balances.
- Provide summary analysis and information related to Tuition Receivables and Collections.
- Maintain the process for receiving and tracking deposits for rising students. Work with Academic Vice Principal to ensure that the process in complementary to the information requests they are making and coordinate to ensure the greatest efficiencies.
- Administer the tuition insurance program.
- Process cash transactions and coordinate the recording and deposit of all cash and checks.
- Function as back up to other positions in the Finance Office.
- Assist Controller and Director of Finance with miscellaneous projects as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities required
- Experience and competency in working with a customer service focus to serve families and members of the BC High community
- Ability to work well with other team members and individuals throughout BC High to resolve problems and complete projects
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare account reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 3-5 years relevant experience with billing and collections, preferably in a school environment
- Proven competency with Microsoft Office; preferred experience with Blackbaud and FACTS
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to Donna Simonelli, Controller at email@example.com.