Dedham Country Day School, Dedham, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Dedham Country Day School (DCD) seeks a well-qualified substitute teacher to join our robust Pre-Kindergarten to grade 8 community for the 2019-20 school year. This role will provide classroom coverage for planned faculty absences as well as late-notification situations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engaging instruction and implementation of lesson plans for children in grades PK - 8 in a variety of classroom settings, teaching a range of subjects
- Provide effective and respectful classroom management
- Participate in recess and lunch duty coverage if needed
Strong candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree with experience teaching or working with school-age students
- A history of punctuality, responsibility, and flexibility with a strong work ethic
- An understanding of the importance of building an inclusive environment and an awareness of anti-bias teaching practices
School Mission and Philosophy: DCD is proud to offer an educational experience that:
- Provides to each child a unique educational balance of challenging academics, arts, and athletics;
- Embraces an inclusive interdependent community of students, teachers, and parents that fosters trust and encourages children to take risks;
- Creates independent, resilient, lifelong learners through engaging, developmentally based teaching designed to meet varied learning styles; and
- Inspires students to become caring, ethical members of the larger world by emphasizing thoughtful citizenship and respect for self and others.
At DCD, our children develop a willingness to try, an ability to do, and a drive to care. We strive to provide a multicultural and anti-bias education which celebrates the diversity of our community and prepares children with the skills they need to connect and thrive in our diverse world. We strongly encourage applications from people of color or educators from communities that are historically underrepresented in independent schools and are committed to inclusive school experience for all who work at DCD. Additionally, DCD places a high value on the professional growth of all faculty and staff and provides outstanding opportunities for individual professional development.
Application Information: While this is an on-call, per-diem position, whenever possible, advance notice will be given to a substitute to allow for maximum preparation. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references to Katie Ouellette, Special Assistant to the Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dedham Country Day School is an independent, coeducational Pre-Kindergarten - Grade 8 school located just west of Boston in Dedham MA. DCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, national origin or ancestry, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any non-job related physical or mental disability