Pingree School, South Hamilton, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Pingree community is dedicated to academic excellence and the development of high personal standards. Pingree believes that a love of learning flourishes best in a diverse community that respects truth, curiosity, creativity, humor, and independent and imaginative thinking. Committed to developing global citizens, Pingree actively seeks faculty, staff, and students of character and intelligence from diverse social, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Pingree is currently seeking qualified applicants for substitute teacher positions during the academic year 2020-2021. The hours of the position would fall within the school’s academic day, between 7:50 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. The role will be utilized for absences that are planned as well as late-notification absences. This position is an as-needed, on-call, per diem position with competitive compensation, and hours will vary depending on the needs of the school. The format of instruction might vary between in-person, hybrid, or all remote. We are looking for teachers with experience in all subject areas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Successful candidates will be collaborative, and will demonstrate flexibility, a passion for learning, and an understanding of the social/emotional development of adolescents;
- Leading candidates will have experience teaching, effective and respectful class management skills, and possess a strong work ethic;
- Communicate effectively with the classroom teacher and/or Department Chair to further instruction in the course and to deliver the assigned material;
- Recognize and ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion are emphasized as central to the mission of the school;
- Take attendance and utilize classroom technology.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience working with students in grades 9-12;
- Successful completion of background screening in order to work with minors.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume as a PDF or Word document along with contact information for two professional references to Laura Ogden, Director of Human Resources and General Counsel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pingree School is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pingree does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran or active military status, genetics or any other category protected by state, federal or local law.