- Summer Programs
Lesley Ellis School, Arlington, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Summer employment: June 17 – August 23, 2019, full and part-time
(Not necessary to be available for all 10 weeks)
Summer Program Counselors are responsible for planning, leading, and implementing activities and games for children in both large and small group settings. They will also be responsible for the general safety and development of the children in their group. They will provide high quality indoor/outdoor educational and recreational experiences for children that focus on the values of our school mission.
· Help write and implement a weekly schedule for your group;
· Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, nature, songs, games, etc. appropriate to the group’s age range;
· Identify and respond to behavior issues;
· Communicate with parents about the children’s experiences and report concerns to Summer Program Director;
· Serve as a positive role model and participate enthusiastically in all aspects of the program.
· Upon hire, completion of First Aid and CPR certification;
· Education classes and/or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field;
· Able to participate in physical activities.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
Jeanette Keller, Summer Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesley Ellis School is an equal opportunity employer