Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Located in Hingham, MA Notre Dame Academy is a private, all-girls Roman Catholic high school with a 63-acre campus and three (3) stories of over 125,000 sq. ft. in building space.
NDA is seeking a full-time – year-round - Custodian/Facilities Supervisor with experience in an academic environment. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Facilities, the Custodian/Facilities Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating and performing custodial duties along with general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structures, in addition to performing grounds work and cleaning/disinfecting work around the school campus.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Director of Facilities to schedule workflow and maintain efficient operations of building and grounds
- Work with outside vendors
- Performs routine tasks as assigned by Director of Facilities
- Reports and responds to emergency calls for cleaning/maintenance assistance
- Implements the set up and take down of furniture and equipment
- Assists in preventative maintenance for building mechanical equipment
- Perform minor building HVAC, plumbing, electrical and cosmetic repairs and upkeep as necessary
- Assist with fire prevention inspections and drills
- Grounds upkeep (mowing, trimming, edging, blowing, sprinkler upkeep, seeding, fertilizing, spraying, etc)
- Responding to miscellaneous faculty request and needs as they arise
- Able to work professionally in and around school community members;
- Able to work in a various environments, indoors and outdoors (during inclement weather)
- Able to perform physical and manual labor – lift 50 lbs.
- Understands and carries out oral and written instructions;
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently; while working independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be physically able to safely perform the various tasks required in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Willing to work overtime hours during the week, or weekend, and stay late occasionally for school events as needed
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in the safe operation of a variety of tools, machinery, power equipment, etc.
- Pass a criminal background check – CORI, SORI and fingerprinting
- Valid Driver's License
- Five years of custodial and or building and maintenance experience
- One year supervisory experience
- Snow removal and landscaping experience preferred
7am – 3:30pm M-F Day shift*
*Hours are subject to inclement weather conditions, scheduled events or other emergencies that take precedence. Employee may be asked to work outside of scheduled shift (nights/weekends) when needed.
Send resumes to: Mark Flanagan, Director of Facilities firstname.lastname@example.org