Carroll School, Lincoln, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Located in Lincoln, Wayland, and Waltham Massachusetts, Carroll School is an independent day school that serves 440 students in grades 1 - 9 who have language-based learning differences,
In an effort to address the greatest need of each child, we recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to a child’s learning experience. Our work is important, and we welcome candidates who add to the diversity of our community and demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in their work.
Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salary and benefits, including a strong professional development programming such as Orton Gillingham training.
The Carroll School seeks candidates with a growth mindset and a true passion and commitment to lifelong learning. Candidates who are motivated by helping students to attain a strong sense of identity, self-worth and who are eager to equip students with skills and strategies for academic success. The ideal candidate brings a collaborative style, is self-directed, child centered and values a community of highly engaged, compassionate, motivated educators. We are seeking candidates with interest in working with and teaching students with language-based learning differences and who are drawn to acquire the necessary competencies to successfully teach our type of learners.
This position will assist in all classroom activities as directed by the classroom teacher. The Aide will also assist in other team responsibilities as directed by the team leader and Upper School Division Head.
- Prepare and organize classroom environment (remote and in-person)
- Make materials for classroom instruction
- Work with students on an individual basis as directed by classroom teacher
- Sub in classes when teachers are out
- Participate in recess and lunch duties
- May assist in after-school and before-school program activities
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience working with children preferably in an education setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interest to participate in school sponsored trainings such as Orton Gillingham and Cognitive Development
- Flexible and willing to learn
Please email your resume to email@example.com