St John's Prep, Danvers, MA
Accredited by NEASC
St. John's Preparatory School, an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for boys in grades 6-12, is seeking per diem substitutes for the 2020-2021 school year.
Responsibilities for a per diem substitute include:
- Implement lesson as prepared by the classroom teacher or create lesson plans in absence of a prepared lesson.
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Enforce school policies as outlined in the Student Handbook.
- Completing administrative tasks (i.e. attendance, distribution and collection of classroom materials, et.) and prefect duties as needed (i.e. lunchroom, study hall, recess, etc.)
- Maintain professional boundaries and appropriate confidentiality on campus and beyond related to work with students.
- Other duties as requested by the Teacher/Principal.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior teaching experience or youth related work preferred
- Ability to engage students in grades 6-12 productively in and out of the classroom environment
Substitute employees are as needed, on-call, day-to-day basis and are not guaranteed work on a regular basis. There are no benefits associated with substitute employment. In an effort to promote health protocols during the 2020- 2021 school year, we will give preference to candidates who will limit their substitute teaching to only the St. John’s Prep Community.
St. John's Prep is committed to building a diverse and inclusive campus community. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups. Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter, résumé, and academic transcripts to Tracii Schaeublin, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com