Boston College High School, Boston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Arrupe Division (7th and 8th grade division of Boston College High School) is seeking a 7th and 8th grade science teacher to replace a teacher on a one-year leave. The science teacher will co-teach two groups of forty students with a social studies teacher and an English teaching in a flexible block schedule. The three teachers will have two hours each day with each group of forty students and will coordinate with each other about how they divide up the students and the time.
Interested candidates should have:
- A degree in science
- Ability to teach the subject and to serve as an advisor to 7th and 8th grade students
- Experience in teaching middle school grade students
- Strong and sincere commitment to professional development both in pedagogy and content area
- High standards and high expectations for students
- Strong collaboration skills
At this time, BC High plans to open in September under a hybrid model with half of the students in each day. The school is presently upgrading classroom technology to allow students who are at home to participate in classes.