- Learning Support
Learning Prep School, West Newton, MA
Learning Prep School is seeking an engaging, enthusiastic Teacher’s Aide to join our dynamic faculty of special education professionals. The ideal candidate has a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, at least 1 year of experience working with students with learning disabilities, and a strong understanding of educational technology. This is a full time position: Monday - Friday 7:30am-3:15pm, with some after-school meeting days until 4pm.
All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to be considered. Applications can be emailed to Cate Wilson, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Principal
Job Goal: To assist lead classroom teacher in providing informed, engaged, and differentiated instruction as defined in each student’s IEP.
- With lead teacher’s guidance, implement the program core values and mandated programs.
- Establish and implement behavioral norms, consistent routine (i.e., classroom rules, in-place behavior monitoring system for reinforcement) to be maintained in the classroom and throughout the school building.
- Provide differentiated classroom instruction through the implementation of curriculum content, methods, and materials, guided by the MA Curriculum Frameworks and Common Core State Standards, in accordance with copyright regulations.
- Provide all accommodations to students, as required by the IEP.
- Always monitor students with vigilance and integrity in accordance with the program’s policies, including the Acceptable Use policy.
- Implement and support teacher’s weekly lesson plans, monthly projected plans.
- Formulate weekly lesson plans as requested.
- Review of all cumulative records of assigned students including IEPs, evaluations, progress notes, status reports, medical background, etc.
- Participate in IEP meetings as needed.
- Maintain parent contact as needed or requested.
- Maintain collaborative communication with staff to ensure consistent service delivery as needed.
- Attend to assigned duties (i.e., lunch, cab, break duty, etc.).
- Attend weekly staff meetings, in-service training, parent meetings, student-centered staff meetings.
- Establish goals to continue professional growth and development; maintain professional development Plan.· Implement problem solving, negotiating, and mediating skills with students, following CPI guidelines.
- Maintain a respectful, positive, pro-active professional attitude.
- Develop an ongoing, problem solving relationship with supervisor, seeking guidance, as necessary.
- Use a wide variety of assessments including individual, common, and external assessments to inform and evaluate teaching and learning.
- Assist lead teachers in compiling report card grades and/or individual student progress reports as required and within estimated timelines as needed.
- Maintain language-based classroom structure to facilitate development of receptive and expressive language skills.
- Communicate student progress regularly with lead teacher.
- Complete weekly goal sheets when specified.
- Implement assistive technology when specified and consult with Assistive Technology Specialist as needed.
Work Year: 186 days
Note: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principle functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.
About Learning Prep: Located in West Newton, Learning Prep School is an innovative and unique non-profit school for students with significant and diverse language and learning challenges. Our students face a broad range of learning disabilities, including language-based, nonverbal, and executive functioning difficulties. Understanding that language skills are the basis for all learning, LPS's unique curriculum integrates the teaching of language skills in all subjects. LPS strives to provide specialized instruction in an inspiring, warm, supportive, and emotionally safe environment. Founded in 1970, LPS is the largest independent day school serving students with disabilities from across the state.
LPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer full-time employees health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, 403(b) match, and paid time off.
To learn more about our unique school please visit www.learningprep.org