Park School, Brookline, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park's program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to their greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park's faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community. At the Park School, faculty engage respectfully with families and demonstrate sensitivity to cultures, values, configurations, and beliefs.
An Apprentice is a member of the Park School community, participating fully in the division of their placement in support of the school’s mission and curricular goals. Apprentices report to the Director of Apprentices. This full-time, paid 10-month position consists of two classroom placements and opportunities in extracurricular leadership under the mentorship of dedicated faculty and the Director of Apprentices. Apprentices also have the opportunity to work in extracurricular and co-curricular programs, such as athletics, drama, or the After-School Program. The Program is tailored to the Apprentice's goals and to the School’s needs.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for teaching in a Pre-K to Grade 8 educational environment. They will demonstrate a growth mindset, be eager to learn, and propose new ideas in the educational settings in which they participate.
Placement options for the Apprenticeship Program include:
- Lower Division (Grades 1 – 4) self-contained classroom or science classroom
- Upper Division (Grade 5 – Grade 8) English, social studies, math, science, Latin, French, Spanish, or Mandarin classes (Grade 5 self-contained classrooms for literacy and social studies)
- Cross-Divisional (Grades 1 – 8) placement in art, music, library, or physical education
Salary: $20,000.00 for the academic year with opportunities for additional compensation
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with mentor teachers to establish and maintain classroom culture; plan, prepare and deliver learning experiences; differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students; monitor and assess student learning; partner and communicate with families
- Ensure that equity and inclusivity are integrated as core components of the Park School experience
- Develop increased responsibility in the classroom, culminating in an independent teaching experience
- Participate in School events as a member of grade level team, department, and division
- Meet weekly with The Director of Apprentices, along with fellow apprentices for ongoing professional development and support
- Participate in all aspects of the life of the school
- Observe classrooms in-house and in the Greater Boston Area
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working with children
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Experience with technology in an academic or professional setting
- Experience as a team member, collaborator, and leader
- Commitment to fostering a sense of community
- Please visit The Park School employment page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three references (two professional and one personal).
- The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and ot
- teaching apprentice