British International School of Boston, Boston, MA
To support the teaching and learning that gives the students the opportunity to be inspired by extraordinary people and experiences; to become a globally minded citizen; and to achieve remarkable success in future life.
- To be an effective professional who demonstrates a love of learning;
- To have a passion for the subject or age group, and take responsibility and accountability for continuous professional development;
- To provide superior opportunities for students in line with the ‘Be Ambitious’ model that is embedded in the Nord Anglia philosophy.
- Inspire trust and confidence in students and colleagues;
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom engage and motivate pupils;
- Improve the quality of students' learning;
- Contribute to the development and/or implementation of school policies;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school.
2. Teaching and Learning:
- Maintain records of pupils’ progress including any statutory documents required by the school and State and reports for Nord Anglia Education;
- Provide and maintain an attractive and stimulating environment in which to foster effective teaching and learning in line with the school’s Learning Environment Policy.
- Participate in school wide CPD that ensures consistency both vertically and horizontally across the school;
- Contribute positively to the morale and community spirit in the school;
- Work effectively in different teams and working parties;
- Assist in whole school marketing initiatives and contribute to the growth of the school;
- Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school;
- Make best use of global opportunities such as Global Campus and Nord Anglia University;
- Undertake professional development to enhance teaching and students' learning, and apply outcomes and identify impacts which will be shared colleagues.
- Be aware of the physical and emotional well-being of pupils and the need to respond to particular situations and alert appropriate staff to problems experienced by students and make recommendations as to how these may be resolved
- Comply with and assist the School in the implementation of any rules and regulations which the school may from time to time issue to ensure the efficient operation of the school and the welfare and interests of its students and employees;
- Communicate effectively with parents of students, liaising with other staff as appropriate;
- Support the life of the school beyond the classroom;
- To promote and adhere to Nord Anglia Education’s Vision and Values;
- Any other appropriate duties as allocated by the Principal.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26,000.00 - $27,000.00 per year
Please can all applications be sent to Anna Vangel, Director of curriculum at email@example.com