- Auxiliary Programs
Meadowbrook School of Weston, Weston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Meadowbrook School of Weston seeks a dynamic, motivated, and passionate Technology Assistant/Zoom Specialist to join the Technology Department for the 2020-2021 school year.
About the Meadowbrook School of Weston:
The Meadowbrook School of Weston is a co-educational, independent day school for students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through Eight. By fostering in children the sustainable joy of seeking knowledge, facing challenges, and pushing limits, we inspire children to live with purpose, learn with passion, and lead by practice.
Recognized as an exemplar school by the Partnership for 21st Century Learning, Meadowbrook values innovation as a means to best educate our students. The EurekaLab, Meadowbrook’s Makerspace, was formed through a collaboration with MIT’s Edgerton Center focusing on embedding the design thinking process in all subject areas. Meadowbrook’s Digital Citizenship program has been recognized as a model K-8 curriculum by Common Sense Media. Meadowbrook also values the importance of professional development and has been recognized for its commitment to investing in faculty through an NAIS national model professional development program.
The ideal candidate will become a key support for our teachers as they support the needs of on campus and Meadowbrook @ Home students, relying heavily on the Zoom Rooms platform. A quick learner and passionate about helping others use the power of technology, the Technology Assistant/Zoom Specialist will provide on-call on-premise zoom room tech support, help design/refine the Zoom Room systems across our 38 Zoom Room classrooms, and help provide training to our faculty and teaching assistants.
- Act as a guide for faculty, encouraging, and supporting them in the use of hybrid learning technology through Zoom Rooms.
- Collaboratively provide in-service professional development for faculty and staff
- In collaboration with the technology department, help evaluate, design and refine our AV systems to support hybrid learning.
- As a member of our help desk team, support technical and audiovisual needs
- Provide basic hardware and software troubleshooting for classroom AV needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Innovation & Technology
- Ability to learn quickly, complete tasks that require self-guided research, and make independent decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Preferred Technical Experience or Knowledge:
iOS, AppleTV, OSX, Windows, Zoom Rooms
The Meadowbrook School is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ educators, or educators from communities that are historically underrepresented in independent schools. We are committed to an inclusive school experience for all those who come to work at Meadowbrook.