- Information Technology
The Sage School, Foxboro, MA
Accredited by AISNE
THE SAGE SCHOOL MISSION:
The Sage School Mission is to prepare gifted students to excel, by providing a comprehensive program of academic rigor and social growth inspired by passionate teachers within a nurturing community.
The Technology Integration Specialist (TIS) coordinates efforts to support and develop the use of technology as a tool to support teaching and learning for Sage. Serves as coach and mentor to assist faculty in implementation and integration. TIS also plays a role in working with students and supporting co-curricular programs involving the use of multimedia resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with faculty and staff on a regular basis to assess needs and recommend suitable technology and/or assistance.
- Assist in the formulation of technology plans for the overarching School
- Provide training for faculty in educational technology skills and applications.
- Assist in troubleshooting hardware and software problems. Perform minor technical repairs.
- Assist in maintaining the inventory of all hardware, software and electronic media.
- Assist faculty in classrooms with curriculum lessons requiring the use of technology.
- Assist students in the classrooms with applications as needed.
- Assist faculty in developing units, projects, or other educational technology applications within their curriculum.
- Teach a minimum of two academic classes within area of expertise.
- Act as a central participant in the school’s ongoing planning related to technology.
- Be a consistent presence on campus in locations where technology is being integrated, especially during technology-integrated instruction and other technology-mediated activities.
- Implement differentiated instructional techniques for all ages of our students.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform these essential duties.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree is desirable.
- Specific training in computer science or its use in the educational setting is required.
- An understanding of appropriate uses of technology in the educational setting.
- Competency with Windows, HP, Macs, and all applicable Google applications.
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Current knowledge of available and emerging technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty regarding technology use in both oral and written form.
- Ability to effectively train faculty in technology use.
- Knowledge of sounds teaching strategies.
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter three letters of reference to Lisa Downs: email@example.com