- Information Technology
The Winsor School, Boston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Winsor School is an independent girls' school for academically promising and motivated students in grades five through twelve. Our diverse, vibrant community values intellectual curiosity, authentic engagement, and personal integrity and prepares young women to pursue their aspirations and contribute to the world. Winsor strives to create an environment of respect and inclusion.
Winsor has an immediate opening for a Technology Support Specialist. This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt position. The person in this position must be committed to diversity, understand the importance of professional involvement in community life, and interested in advancing 21st century teaching methods using technology. The Technology Support Specialist reports to the Director of Technology.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Primarily, the provision of tier one computing support (operating systems, applications, network troubleshooting) for faculty, administrators, staff, and students
- Organization and management of technology inventory
- Assisting faculty in developing best practices for implementing technology in the classroom
- Assisting with media requests for filming events
- Other duties as necessary and assigned by the Director of Technology
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience troubleshooting Apple hardware and software, specifically
Requirements for this position:
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent
- 1 – 3 years of experience, preferably in an academic environment
- Strong technical skills
- An understanding of various computer hardware and software, including PCs, Macs, and tablets
- An understanding of network topology
- The ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of G Suite and other Google products
How to apply:
- Please visit the Winsor employment page to apply for and submit your resume and cover letter: https://www.winsor.edu/about/employment
The Winsor School is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic testing, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law.