Woodward School, Quincy, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Woodward School seeks an after-school theatre program director to teach theatre technique and performance to students in middle and high school for two productions: one in the fall semester and one in the spring semester.
Due to covid restrictions we are flexible to alter the above standards to be more innovative and creative. We are flexible to new programmatic options.
Specific Responsibilities for this position Include:
- Directing two theater productions during the school year; it is preferred that one is a musical.
- Availability for rehearsals generally from 3PM to 5 PM 4 days per week at the School;
- The School theater season:
- Production 1: mid- September through mid-December;
- Production 2: mid-January through mid-April;
- Exact productions dates TBA
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years teaching experience preferred.
- Professional performance experience
Ideal candidates will have: a strong background in theatre instruction, school productions and an understanding of the developmental needs of children; the skill and experience to teach creative students with a range of learning styles and diverse backgrounds; ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and peers; commitment to our school’s mission and to working collaboratively to uphold the values of the school and our programs.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter that includes a statement of educational philosophy, your resume, and a statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion through teaching, professional activity, and/or service must be included for full consideration. Please also include the names and contact information of three to five references to: email@example.com