Lesley Ellis School, Arlington, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Independent elementary school (Preschool-Grade 8) seeks candidates with a strong commitment to progressive education, excellent academic preparation, student-centered classrooms, and anti-bias curriculum. We are looking for an individual who will bring expertise and enthusiasm to teaching and have the desire to work closely with a co-teacher and specialists to ensure an enriching and challenging school experience.
Qualified applicants will be able to:
- Work collaboratively with co-teacher and grade level teachers to plan lessons, design programs and implement curriculum.
- Teach all general subjects including math, STEAM, social studies, and language arts using a variety of instructional methods.
- Provide positive guidance techniques to maintain a student-centered, developmentally based classroom environment.
- Assess each student’s academic and social progress, prepare bi-annual progress reports, and meet with parents at least twice yearly to discuss growth.
- Demonstrate respect for diversity among faculty and student body and promote a classroom environment which values diversity and pluralistic worldview.
- Serve as a full community member by attending faculty meetings, participating in events outside of school hours, volunteering for committees, and participating in admission activities
- B.A. required, M.A. preferred
- Minimum three years of teaching experience
- Commitment to progressive, developmental, multi-cultural, anti-bias education
School year position. Competitive salary and benefits.
Interested candidates: send a cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference to:
Deanne Benson, Head of School
Lesley Ellis School is an equal opportunity employer
For additional information please visit our website at: www.lesleyellis.org