Tilton School, Tilton, NH
Accredited by NEASC
Tilton School is a leader among independent secondary schools and is known for creating an environment where its students reach their potential in real and lasting ways. A Tilton School education provides a powerful sense of purpose that ensures its graduates will have the essential skills and motivations to meet the challenges and opportunities of a changing world. As lifelong learners, Tilton alumni go on to experience fulfilling lives by contributing significantly to the world at large.
For its next Head of School, the Board of Trustees is seeking an outstanding educator with strong senior administrative experiences. This should be an individual of outstanding character, who has the personal and professional skills to match and advance the school’s culture. This person should have the skill and tenacity to inspire and enable Tilton School to achieve its vision for the future.
The new Head of School will join an exceptional community of adults and students who are passionate about life and relationships. The Search Committee — comprised of trustees, alumni, faculty, and staff— is looking for a professional and a leader experienced in education who is capable of forging strong relationships within and outside the Tilton School community.
In addition to core leadership and management skills, there are specific qualities expected of the next Head of School that are of particular importance to the Tilton School faculty, staff, and trustees. These include:
- A strong belief in the educational direction of Tilton as we support program innovations, including the Mastery Approach and the belief in the Power of Potential of our students, faculty, community of alumni and friends;
- A strong commitment to fundraising and developing external relationships as we further the mission of Tilton and our work within the greater community;
- A trusted community leader and exceptional listener, possessing internal and external relationship
- An effective manager and team-builder who supports the development of all employees;
- An honest communicator who both directs and serves as a diplomatic leader as the changing needs of the school community evolve;
- A kind, supportive, and courageous person who will lead the school with integrity and poise;
- An individual who is proud of our diverse community, and is creative, decisive and inclusive;
- Both entrepreneurial and strategic, this person should have a keen eye for business while also being a reasonable risk-taker;
- The Search Committee seeks someone with a love for educating students and a passion for the boarding school experience, who models the school’s mission of "challenging students to embrace and navigate a world marked by diversity and change through the quality of human relationships."
Search Process Timeline, Confidentiality, etc.
A confidential search for a July 1st start date will begin upon receipt of materials and until a candidate is recommended by the Search Committee to the full Board of Trustees for unanimous approval. The terms and conditions of the agreement will be communicated in advance of the final stage of the search process. Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials (in one continuous Word or PDF document):
· Letter of interest addressed to the Search Committee
· Current résumé
· Personal Statement or Statement of Educational Philosophy
· A list of five or more references with contact information (optional)
· Up to three letters of reference (optional)
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to: email@example.com. Application Deadline: December 13th, 2019
Tilton School is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Tilton School will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
- Head of School