Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
This is an ideal role for an education professional or recent graduate of an education program in conjunction with Montessori Infant & Toddler Certification.
We are searching for innovative educators who are eager to be challenged! Kingsley is seeking a Toddler Co-Lead Teacher to join our program. This is an exciting opportunity to teach at one of Boston’s premier independent schools. We are seeking talented and passionate educators who are looking to bring best practices into the classroom and who desire to work with proven Montessori pedagogy. At Kingsley, your educational passion and creativity can have a potential impact on the design of our progressive, integrated curriculum. As a Co-Lead Teacher, you will be responsible for all aspects of your students’ classroom experience and for developing strong partnerships with parents. Other important duties include advancing your professional and personal growth, collegiality, and administrative duties. All teachers attend regular meetings, observe, advise, and serve as a mentor and role model for other faculty in the areas of Montessori methodology, curriculum management, classroom schedules, record keeping, student needs, and the classroom environment. All Lead Teachers report to the Directors of Education at Kingsley.
Because Kingsley has a commitment to Montessori training for their faculty, Lead Teachers at Kingsley are expected to mentor both Assistant Teachers who are interns as well as support needs of Associate Teachers who have completed their Montessori training. We acknowledge that this is an added responsibility for our lead teachers who are often in a position to mentor and support teachers to grow and develop.
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is an independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers a Montessori education tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development, and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools. Our program’s commitment to knowing every child and to partnering with parents propels each student to access his or her potential.
In the classroom, operating as lead, 7:45 a.m.–12:00 p.m. From 12:45–3:45 p.m., supporting rest time and doing classroom planning.
- BA/BS degree required
- AMS/AMI Infant/Toddler or Primary teaching credential at the appropriate level - MACTE preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of Lead teaching experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with Co-teacher and faculty to enhance curriculum and community
- Commitment to professional development and research-based educational approaches
- Experience in a variety of instructional methods
- Understanding of challenges in multi-age learning environments
- Commitment to meeting the needs of each child and family
- Proven ability to write and communicate clearly and in alignment with school standards for progress reports and communication with parents and colleagues with specific timelines
- Competitive, independent school salaries
- Matching 403b plan
- Extensive, professional development opportunities
- Qualified transportation program
- Tuition reimbursement for eligible employees seeking Montessori Certifications
- Kingsley tuition remission of up to 50% for eligible children of full-time employees
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION* BY EMAIL:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position with overview of your background and experience with children and education (if not Montessori trained, then a rationale for why a desire to join Montessori)
- A current resume
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Hilary Gillcrist, Associate Director of Operations & Senior Administrative Assistant at
*Electronic file names must be in the following format:
- FirstName LastName CoverLetter Year
- FirstName LastName Resume Year