Shrewsbury Montessori School, Shrewsbury, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
Shrewsbury Montessori School is seeking an experienced full-time Upper Elementary Assistant Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. The assistant teacher works hand in hand with the classroom’s lead teacher in preparing and maintaining a work environment consistent with the Montessori method of learning and teaching. The role of the assistant teacher includes assisting the lead teacher with managing a classroom of approximately 20 students, supporting students’ independent work, and supervising students in the indoor and outdoor environments.
The ideal candidate:
- has a background education and enjoys working with students ages 9 to 12
- is able to ensure the physical and emotional safety and well-being of the students
- is a team player, organized, flexible, efficient, creative, comfortable with technology, and a problem-solver
- is willing to take direction from the lead teacher
- has a working knowledge of the elementary content in all subject areas
- is able to model integrity, curiosity, and respect
- is an excellent communicator, interacting with children, families, and coworkers in a warm, compassionate, empathetic, and confident manner
The position requires attendance at occasional evening school events, overnight school trips and monthly after school staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Montessori elementary classroom experience (preferred)
- 3-5 years experience working in a classroom (preferred)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. State the name and position applying for in the email header. No phone calls or solicitations please.