Bancroft School, Worcester, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Bancroft School is a community of students, faculty, administrators and parents working together to create an atmosphere of engaged learning. The Bancroft experience empowers both our students and our employees to develop connections and embrace their unique talents to emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. A PreK – Grade 12 independent day school located in Worcester, Massachusetts, we are committed to cultivating a community that embraces differences and welcomes candidates who will add to the racial and cultural diversity of our community.
The ideal leave replacement is an experienced or novice teacher who is an individual looking for a position where passion and innovation are encouraged and supported. We are currently seeking an Environmental Science and Freshman Seminar leave replacement, followed by possible substitute opportunities in other curricular areas.
Bancroft is operating fully in person and the candidate must be interested in an in-person position. All COVID safety protocols are available on our website.
Our Upper School includes students in grades 9-12. The leave replacement teacher will teach 1 - 2 Environmental Science sections per quarter along with daily substitute teaching as needed, primarily in science and math classes. Willingness to collaborate with learning specialists in teaching students with language-based learning differences and developing an understanding of the philosophies that drive instruction are essential.
- Teach 1-2 sections of Environmental Science - this includes all aspects of planning, instruction and assessment. Communication with students, parents, and advisors is also essential.
- Serve as a substitute for teachers who are out for the day, primarily in math and science.
- Supervise study hall and monitor common areas during break times.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Science Education, or STEM field (Master’s preferred)
- Three to five years teaching experience preferred
- Experience in and enthusiasm for implementing inquiry-based learning in STEM
- Proven ability to differentiate instruction
Essential Attitudes and Aptitudes
- A collaborative spirit
- A willingness to participate and partner with colleagues
- An understanding of and love for Upper School students
The ideal candidate must also have familiarity with online learning platforms and technology such as Zoom and Google Meet. Experience with online collaborative learning software is an asset.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement, and references to email@example.com.
Bancroft is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.