Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Questions about this position should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org- (Please, no phone calls/e-mails to Head’s office and/or HR.)
BB&N is seeking a Spanish teacher. Primary responsibilities include teaching 2 or 3 sections of Spanish classes (multiple levels). Additional responsibilities include collaborating closely with colleagues in the Spanish Program and attending regular meetings of the World Languages Department.
BB&N, a coeducational day school in Cambridge, MA, was established in 1974 by the merger of two independent schools, the Buckingham School and the Browne & Nichols School, founded respectively in 1889 and 1883. Located on three separate campuses, we work as one School in pursuit of excellence. We celebrate the diversity of our community, which enriches our daily experience. At BB&N we foster intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and a deep concern and respect for others.
BB&N’s mission is to promote scholarship, integrity, and kindness in diverse, curious, and motivated students. The School prepares students for lives of principled engagement in their communities and the world. We value a diverse and inclusive community that fosters respect for the identities and perspectives of all.
Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in Spanish language instruction with preference for native Spanish speakers. A Bachelor’s degree is required and Master’s is preferred with at least two years' full-time teaching experience. In addition, the candidate will demonstrate the following:
· Ability to engage students to converse in Spanish in and out of class
· Excellent writing skills both in English and Spanish. Please, submit samples.
· Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents
· Ability to collaborate with colleagues
· Ability to coach and/or sponsor a significant activity
· Commitment to fostering an inclusive community
· Understand and exhibit high standards of professional conduct
· Warmth, sense of humor, and tact
· Knowledge of third language preferred; French preferably.
· Experience and willingness to use technology in the classroom preferred
To Apply: Please visit the employment opportunities page at www.bbns.orgor click https://www.bbns.org/about/employment-opportunitiesto complete your online application. Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume, Personal Statement and/or Teaching Philosophy and Reference List.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, national origin or ancestry, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.