Pingree School, South Hamilton, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Apply here by sending a cover letter and resume, along with contact information for two professional references, to Laura Ogden, Director of Human Resources.
Pingree School seeks an experienced Varsity Boys Ice Hockey Head Coach to join our Athletics Department for the Winter 2019-20 season. The Boys Varsity Ice Hockey team competes as part of the Holt League and plays a competitive league and non-league schedule.
The Head Coach directs and coordinates all aspects of the ice hockey program in concert with Pingree’s mission and values. Key responsibilities include preparing for and running daily practices, game day coaching, traveling to and from away games, attending program meetings, responding to requests from the media and prospective student-athletes, and handling administrative tasks as needed. The successful coach will be committed to working with and developing high school students within the context of a day school committed to promoting health and wellness, citizenship, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
Qualification and skills required for position:
· Ability to teach high level ice hockey is required including strong technical knowledge of the game
· A minimum of 2-3 years’ coaching and/or playing experience preferred
· Passion for working with and developing high school student-athletes
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Commitment to working collegially in a diverse community and communicating effectively with a diverse population
· Must have valid driver’s license and successfully complete a criminal background check
· Some evening and weekend hours are required
To apply for the Boys Varsity Ice Hockey Head Coach position, please send a cover letter and resume, along with contact information for two professional references, to Laura Ogden, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Pingree School is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Pingree does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran or active military status, genetics or any other category protected by state, federal or local law.