Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Position Available: Varsity Boys Soccer Head Coach
Date Posted: November 2020
Start Date: Summer 2021
BB&N is seeking a head varsity boys soccer coach. This is a stipend, part-time position during the fall season. Responsibilities include all aspects of team organization, including practice planning and administrative tasks. The head coach will provide examples of fair play, team-building and respect for the players.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential student athletes who are mission appropriate for BB&N
- Motivate and develop each athletes’ skills, attitudes and habits, guiding them toward academic success, leadership and motivation to excel
- Teach skill techniques and help athletes prepare for competitive events
- Advise and mentor student athletes with skill and desire to compete at the collegiate level
- Attend all BB&N practices, at home and away matches, in-school events and other related athletics functions
- Model positive behavior, maintain a supportive environment and exhibit a high level of professionalism
- Work collaboratively with other coaches, parents and community members
- Adhere to the school’s athletic philosophy as well as the Independent School League (ISL) and the New England Preparatory School Athletic Council (NEPSAC) rules and guidelines
- Seek assistance should emergencies arise
BB&N, a coeducational day school in Cambridge, MA, was established in 1974 by the merger of two independent schools, the Buckingham School and the Browne & Nichols School, founded respectively in 1889 and 1883. Located on multiple campuses, we work as one School in pursuit of excellence. We celebrate the diversity of our community, which enriches our daily experience. At BB&N we foster intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and a deep concern and respect for others.
BB&N’s mission is to promote scholarship, integrity, and kindness in diverse, curious, and motivated students. The School prepares students for lives of principled engagement in their communities and the world. We value a diverse and inclusive community that fosters respect for the identities and perspectives of all.
Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate will have experience playing and coaching soccer at a similar or higher level. In addition, the candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Commitment to the academic success and character development of the students
- Passion for their sport and for working with middle and high school aged students
- Commitment to an inclusive and equitable approach to all student athletes
- Communicates effectively and responsibly with students, parents and colleagues
- High standards of professional conduct
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Teaching Certification, American Sport Education Program Certification or National Federation of Interscholastic Coaches Association Certification preferred
- Certification or willingness to obtain certification in first aid and CPR required
Please visit BB&N’s employment opportunities page to complete your online application. Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume and Reference List.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.