Gann Academy, Waltham, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Gann Academy is looking for an inspiring, creative vocal teacher to direct two vocal ensembles after school and on weekends (as needed). Monday-Thursday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm, plus 1 to 3 evening and weekend commitments for performances (25%). Performances will be held on Saturday night, during the day Sunday and/or on weeknights. School will provide at least four weeks’ notice for all peformances.
- Audition students for a cappella ensemble; manage registration for vocal ensemble
- Direct two 9th- 12th grade vocal ensembles, Red Cleffers (choral) and ShenaniGanns (a cappella)
- Cultivate a positive learning environment and a cohesive ‘team culture’ among singers
- Support a student leadership team for ShenaniGanns consisting of Assistant Music Director, Social Media Manager, and Concert Coordinators
- Arrange music and create learning tracks for both ensembles
- Collaborate with choral accompanist for rehearsals and performances
- Plan logistics and transportation for performances
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Previous experience managing vocal ensembles (work with high school students preferred)
- Knowledge of vocal music, arrangement, a cappella, etc.
- Knowledge of Jewish music and familiarity with Jewish culture
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with wide range of people—students, parents, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Strong communication, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in English to carry out work as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Physical demands include dexterity for office machine/supply operation including but not limited to computer, telephone, copy machine, and printers. Stooping, bending, and reaching for files or supplies, and sitting or standing for extended periods of time are common.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Gann Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the school to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), and pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or veteran status.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.