Woodward School, Quincy, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Description: The Woodward School , an independent, day school for girls in grades 6- 12, in Quincy, MA, seeks a Middle School English teacher for a full-time position beginning in September of 2021.
An ideal candidate will:
- Be competent and able to differentiate content appropriate for 1-2 sections of grades 6, 7, and 8 ELA
- Be willing and prepared to be a practitioner of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in their pedagogy
- View SEL and anti-biased, anti-racist pedagogy as part of the daily approach to interacting with both the student and faculty community
- Be able to showcase innovation in all classroom practices, both with and without the inclusion of a variety of technologies.
- Be eager to receive feedback on instructional practice and opportunities for professional development
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in English or equivalent required, although Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Showcase Strong Middle School English content and curriculum proficiency
- Have experienced at least three years of Middle School teaching experience
Other requirements are likely to include:
- Service as an advisor to as many as 20 students
- Collaboration with other grade-level teachers and would have interest in working in partnership with the history department
- Community presence: club mentorship; athletics attendance; admissions open houses; graduation; and other community events outside of typical school hours
To Apply: Please email a cover letter that includes a statement of educational philosophy, your resume, and a statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion through teaching, professional activity, and/or service must be included for full consideration. Please also include the names and contact information of three to five references to: email@example.com