Fay School, Southborough, MA
ACCREDITED BY AISNE
Apply here by sending a cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “World Languages Teacher."
Beginning August 2019
Fay School seeks a dynamic, flexible, and creative individual who loves teaching world languages and understands how to engage elementary and middle school students. The World Languages Teacher teaches Spanish and French to students in grades three through nine. Fay’s culture-based world language program emphasizes written and spoken language skills. Outside the classroom, the World Languages Teacher is an advisor to a small group of students, coaches athletics or leads afternoon programs, and participates in the residential life program as a campus resident or as an off-campus faculty member. This is a full-time position and is eligible for benefits. Campus housing may be available.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ teaching experience, preferably in an elementary or middle school setting. A bachelor’s degree in a world language, education, or a related field is required; a master’s degree is preferred. Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and French, and fluency in English are required.
Fay School values teachers who believe in differentiated and developmentally-aligned approaches to teaching and learning, integrate instructional technology, understand the importance of cultural competency, and are attuned to the social and emotional growth of young students. Fay seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community.
- Preparing and presenting materials and lessons to students in grades 3 through 9
- Assessing students’ performance and issuing academic grades, effort grades, and comments
- Integrating academic technology to enhance instruction as appropriate
- Communicating effectively with parents
- Attending team and department meetings, and major school events, as required
- Attending faculty and departmental meetings
- Coaching athletics or leading afternoon student activities for two terms
- Performing duties to support the School’s residential life program
Salary to be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “World Languages Teacher” to email@example.com.
- French Teacher
- Spanish Teacher
- World Languages