- Summer Programs
Carroll School, Lincoln, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Summer School Overview:
Summer@Carroll is a five-week summer program for students entering grades 1-9 who have been diagnosed with a language-based learning difference, such as dyslexia. Students participate in academic classes and recreational programming each day.
In an effort to address the greatest need of each child, we recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to a child’s learning experience. Our work is important, and we welcome candidates who add to the diversity of our community and demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in their work.
Position Summary: This position is assigned to one grade within the range of grades 3-4 (Waltham) or grades 5-7 (Lincoln). Writing teachers report to the Writing Supervisor and the Summer@Carroll Director. Summer@Carroll writing teachers provide direct and explicit, multisensory writing instruction that is tailored to the needs of each of their small groups. This position requires a candidate with experience teaching students with language-based learning differences.
- Work with students in small groups (approximately 6 to 8 students) to directly teach skills and strategies that support written expression
- Research and select instructional materials to provide small-group instruction, and to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Design lessons that focus on the writing process and incorporate the use of graphic organizers and revision checklists
- Attend the mandatory Staff Orientation along with two required departmental meetings prior to completing mid-program and final reports
- Complete mid-program and final reports detailing progress and areas of concern for each individual student
- Facilitate four sessions for parent groups at the conclusion of the summer program; prepare materials to present to families during these sessions
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience working with children in an academic setting
- Ability to teach using multi-sensory methods of instruction
- Readiness to collaborate effectively with the administrative team and other staff of Summer@Carroll; be proactive and success-oriented
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Please visit https://summercarrollstaff.campbrainstaff.com to submit an employment application
Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates who represent diversity.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform nor is it intended to limit an individual’s opportunities to work creatively and collaboratively to solve problems.