The Winsor School, Boston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Winsor School is an independent girls' school for academically promising and motivated students in grades five through twelve. Our diverse, vibrant community values intellectual curiosity, authentic engagement, and personal integrity and prepares young women to pursue their aspirations and contribute to the world. Winsor strives to create an environment of respect and inclusion.
Winsor seeks an Advancement Assistant to join a dynamic advancement team at an exciting time in the school's history. This position supports the operations, database, and events needs of the advancement office, as well as provides administrative support. S/he works closely with the Advancement Operations Team and reports to the Assistant Director of Advancement Services.
- Primary responsibility for gift processing and credit card gift processing.
- Input and extract data from Raiser’s Edge and create reports (i.e. honor/memorial acknowledgement tracking, birthday and condolence records, event rsvp tracking)
- Prepare tax acknowledgments and assist with record keeping.
- Help prepare weekly stewardship letters, manage stewardship grid, letter generation, ensure timely delivery of drafts to letter signers and final letters to donors, and proper record keeping as needed. Support Board and Donor Relations Coordinator on stewardship letters.
- Conduct research and prepare briefings on prospective donors for CAO and major gift officers as needed.
- Assist with donor, corporate and foundation fundraising research as needed.
- Provide event support for parent events, alumnae events, and other school-wide events, including managing rsvps, attendance tracker, timely event communications, name tag preparation, coordination of day-of logistics, post event follow up.
- Assist with event logistics for the Annual Meeting of the Corporation, the New Family Dinner, and donor cultivation/stewardship/fundraising events as needed.
General Advancement Team Administration
- Monitor department attendance and vacation schedules with the Chief Advancement Officer for school safety and protocol reporting.
- Manage the Volunteer Room reservations and coordinate Advancement calendar scheduling as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings on- and off- campus for the Chief Advancement Officer including reserving space, finding times, entering visitors into Envoy, coordinating refreshments, etc. and resolving scheduling conflicts as they arise; Light administrative support for the CAO. Dotted line reporting to the CAO.
- Coordinate Advancement team meetings and calendar.
- Assist Operations team with implementation of efficiencies and protocols to maintain database integrity and other best practices.
- Maintain organization and supplies in Team Room, Volunteer Room, Lower Conference Room, Pool, and Operations office
- Manage supply orders for the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of experience in an office setting with a specific focus on data.
- A thorough knowledge of Word, Excel and Raiser’s Edge or equivalent CRM database helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Please visit the Winsor Careers page to apply for and submit your resume and cover letter:
The Winsor School is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic testing, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law.