Peer Group Gatherings
First-Time Heads of School
- Fall: Wednesday, October 3, 2018: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at Tenacre Country Day School in Wellesley, MA
- Winter: Tuesday, January 29, 2019: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at AISNE's Heads' Retreat at Ocean Edge in Brewster, MA
- Spring: Thursday, April 11, 2019: 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. at Kingsley Montessori School in Boston, MA, followed by a networking dinner at a nearby restaurant
As head you are the chief narrator of the vision for your school. You need a place to sort through various (and often competing) priorities. Especially in your first year, it's not always clear with whom or how you may best work through the most thorny of questions or unforeseen challenges. You need a comfortable and supportive place to sort through your thoughts and shape your ideas. That place is this three part forum!
Administrators of Color Collaborative
This series is an opportunity for you as an administrator of color to come together with your peer group of leaders of schools across AISNE's New England network to reflect, share, seek ideas and develop fellowship.
- Fall: Wednesday, October 10, 2018: 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. at Nashoba Brooks School in Concord, MA, followed by a networking dinner at the school
- Winter: Wednesday, February 6, 2019: 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. at Buckingham Browne & Nichols School Administrative Offices, 46 Belmont Street, Watertown, MA 02472
- Spring: Thursday, April 25, 2019: 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. at The Cambridge School of Weston in Weston, MA, followed by a networking dinner at the school
This series is designed and brought to life by leaders of color within AISNE's membership alongside AISNE's own Claire Leheny and Sara Wilson. This group collaborates to bring together speakers and discussions topics top of mind for the peer group.
UPDATE: Our February 6th program at BB&N is currently full. Registrations will re-open after February 6th for our April 25th program. Thank you!
Heads of School
- Thursday, August 16, 2018
- - -
Fall 2018 Regional Gatherings
- Providence: Monday, September 24, 2018
- Worcester: Wednesday, September 26, 2018
- Western Massachusetts: October 9, 2018
Informal gatherings of local heads with AISNE's Executive Director, Claire Leheny.
Come meet with your peers who are in fact neighbors! Share ideas, goals and priorities for the 2018-19 school year.
- - -
Heads' Retreat & Annual Association Meeting
- Tuesday, January 29 - Wednesday, January 30, 2019
- - -
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Business Officer Retreat
- Wednesday, November 7 - Thursday, November 8, 2018
- - -
- Date and Location TBA
Two Annual Meetings
- Summer: Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- Winter: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 from 8:00-11:00am @ Pingree School
The Head's Assistant role is critical to a school's success. This role is developing, evolving and expanding with as independent schools take on new sets of needs and priorities.
These meetings provide time and space for discussing ideas, challenges and opportunities in an open forum of peers from schools across the region. They are planned by members of this peer network alongside Becky Biggs and Kristin Bedard from AISNE.
NEW! Three Annual Gatherings
Fall: Wednesday, November 14, 2018: 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at Walnut Hill School for the Arts in Natick, MA
Winter: Wednesday, February 20, 2019: 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. at Middlesex School in Concord, MA
Spring: Tuesday, May 14, 2019: 9:00 - 2:00 p.m. at Milton Academy in Milton, MARegister
Are you interested in helping to design a peer group gathering? Becky Biggs to discuss ideas