First-Time Heads of School
- Fall: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 -- 8:45 a.m. - 12 noon (location TBA)
- Winter: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 -- meets at AISNE's Heads' Retreat at Ocean Edge in Brewster, MA -- 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Spring: Thursday, April 11, 2019 -- 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. (location TBA)
As head you are the chief narrator of the vision for your school. You need a place to sort through various (and often competing) priorities. Especially in your first year, it's not always clear with whom or how you may best work through the most thorny of questions or unforeseen challenges. You need a comfortable and supportive place to sort through your thoughts and shape your ideas. This seminar series is the place for you!
Each meeting in this series is an opportunity to gather together with fellow first-time heads to share experiences, ask questions, and celebrate wins, big and small.
Session 1, Fall: Early Days Reflection -- What's working well, what's been surprising, what are some of the outstanding "unknowns"? How might you best support one another as a peer group this year?
Session 2, Winter (meets at AISNE's Heads' Retreat):
Shaping Your Ideas About Your Vision for the Future -- How is your thinking about the needs and priorities of your school developing since this past July? What progress have you made in gathering the right people and resources to advance meaningful progress in the months ahead?
Session 3, Spring: Articulating Your Take-Aways From This First Year and Your Path Forward -- How are you thinking about year two? What will be some key priorities over the summer and into the new year? What are your key areas of focus with your board? with your administrators? for enrollment, fundraising, curriculum development and staff retention? other areas? How will you keep connected as a peer group?
- Option 1: Register for all three meetings: 10/3, 1/29 and 4/11 (note: this registration includes your registration for the entire Heads' Retreat and Annual Association Meeting)
- Option 2: Register for two meetings, the Fall and Winter sessions: 10/3 and 1/29 (note: this registration includes your registration for the entire Heads' Retreat and Annual Association Meeting)
- Option 3: Register for two meetings, the Winter and Spring sessions: 1/29 and 4/11 (note: this registration includes your registration for the entire Heads' Retreat and Annual Association Meeting)