First-Time Heads of School
- Fall: Wednesday, October 3, 2018: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at Tenacre Country Day School in Wellesley, MA
- Winter: Tuesday, January 29, 2019: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at AISNE's Heads' Retreat at Ocean Edge in Brewster, MA
- Spring: Thursday, April 11, 2019: 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. at Kingsley Montessori School in Boston, MA followed by a networking dinner at a nearby restaurant
As head you are the chief narrator of the vision for your school. You need a place to sort through various (and often competing) priorities. Especially in your first year, it's not always clear with whom or how you may best work through the most thorny of questions or unforeseen challenges. You need a comfortable and supportive place to sort through your thoughts and shape your ideas. This seminar series is the place for you!
Each meeting in this series is an opportunity to gather together with fellow first-time heads to share experiences, ask questions, and celebrate wins, big and small.
Session 1, Fall:
Early Days Reflection
Wednesday, October 3, 2018: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Tenacre Country Day School, Wellesley, MA
Breakfast will be served.
What's working well, what's been surprising, what are some of the outstanding "unknowns"? How might you best support one another as a peer group this year?
Session 2, Winter:
Shaping Your Ideas About Your Vision for the Future
Tuesday, January 29, 2019: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
AISNE's Heads' Retreat at Ocean Edge in Brewster, MA
Lunch will be served following the session, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
How is your thinking about the needs and priorities of your school developing since this past July? What progress have you made in gathering the right people and resources to advance meaningful progress in the months ahead?
Session 3, Spring:
Articulating Your Take-Aways From This First Year and Your Path Forward
Thursday, April 11, 2019: 4:00 - 6:30 p.m.
Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
A networking dinner will be coordinated following the session, at a nearby restaurant.
How are you thinking about year two? What will be some key priorities over the summer and into the new year? What are your key areas of focus with your board? with your administrators? for enrollment, fundraising, curriculum development and staff retention? other areas? How will you keep connected as a peer group?
Note: Each of these options includes your full registration for AISNE's Heads' Retreat
- Option 1: Register for all three meetings: 10/3, 1/29 and 4/11
- Option 2: Register for two meetings, the Fall and Winter sessions: 10/3 and 1/29
- Option 3: Register for two meetings, the Winter and Spring sessions: 1/29 and 4/11