Bystander Interaction: A Call to Action
Led and Facilitated by Liza Talusan
The Westin Waltham Boston
- Arrive, Register & Network: 1:30 - 2:00 p.m.
- Program: 2:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Cocktail Hour: 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
This workshop is for individuals at all levels of your own diversity, equity and inclusion development journey. Liza Talusan has diverse experience working in education and training, including engagement with over 85 schools throughout the country and within the K-12 community. Liza is an engaging facilitator in conversations about diversity, racism, unconscious bias, privilege and power. She creates environments that allow for people to discuss these difficult topics openly. Through her direct work with leaders, Liza seeks to empower individuals to create more inclusive organizations, environments, communities and teams.
- When you see something wrong, what do you say to respond?
- What do you do? What compels us to act when we see situations of injustice?
- What is our own relationship to bystander intervention?
Examine what personally motivates you to engage in situations of injustice and the barriers that keep you from acting.