Four Points by Sheraton, Norwood, MA
8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Registrations are now closed.
Courageous Leadership: Building Boards for the Future
Governance is an acquired skill - no one is born a perfect trustee. It takes practice and adjustment to know how to best serve your school community. And today's independent schools are facing a multitude of new opportunities and challenges, such as:
- High stakes strategic planning endeavors
- Leadership shifts and their resulting community-wide transitions
- Increased demands for successful fundraising efforts & philanthropic advocacy
- Sharpened focus on risk management
- Enlightened appreciation for what it means to be truly inclusive and supportive
This conference is a place for board members and senior school leadership to consider what the practice of great governance looks like, in service to our schools, our students and our society. It's a time to come together to share and learn, recognizing the support and power within your community of AISNE peer member schools.
Susan Meier, BoardSource
Stephanie Rogen, Greenwich Leadership Partners
In addition to our dynamic keynotes, we have a full program with a range of topics and speakers addressing the most important issues facing schools and board.
After the morning keynote, attendees can choose 1 of the following deep dive sessions:
- Getting to the Heart of Equity: School Board Opportunities to Advance Diversity, Equity and Inclusion -- Facilitated by Ralph Wales
- When Trust is Broken: Facing Abuse as a Community and Rebuilding Trust
- Taking a Fresh Course: Developing Your Board's Structure and Recruitment and Retention Strategies -- Facilitated by John Littleford
Or pick 2 of the following breakout sessions:
- Leadership Transitions: Bringing Aboard a New Head of School
- AISNE Accreditation: How it Works
- Governance Fundamentals for New Trustees
- Organizational Indicators, with INDEX Research
- Fundraising: The Board's Role
- Strategic Planning: New Approaches to Realizing the Future
- and much more