AISNE Workshops help keep you and your team on the pulse of the latest approaches to teaching and learning; school community culture development; diversity, equity and inclusion; enrollment management and marketing; and much, much more.
For details about registration deadlines, refunds and submitting substitute attendees, please review our Registration Policy. Thank you.
Taking the Leap: The Art and Science of Leadership Transitions
Thursday, May 16, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Deerfield Academy, Deerfield, MA
- Arrival, Breakfast & Registration: 8:30 - 9:00 a.m.
- Workshop: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Wrap-Up & Reflections: 2:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Beyond Delta Learning Group
Carla Pugliese made the transition from teacher to school leader while at the Nueva School, serving as a grade dean, academic team lead, mentor teacher, and assistant division head. After graduating from the Klingenstein Center’s intensive private school leadership program, she was invited to collaborate with Klingenstein Director emeritus Pearl Rock Kane to revise and reimagine the leadership and practicum components of the Master’s degree program. She currently serves as a lecturer in the Klingenstein program. (Learn More Here)
This workshop is designed for new leaders, engaging transitions into new roles, people aspiring to be in a leadership roles, and those who have recently moved into a leadership role.
Explore research about leadership transitions at all levels of schools with a particular focus on first experiences moving into leadership roles and into administrative leadership positions such as Department Chairs, Academic Deans, Directors of Teaching and Learning, Deans of Students, Deans of Faculty, Division Heads, Admission Directors, Development Directors, Chief Financial Officers, and Business Managers.
Leverage design thinking to creatively consider the opportunities and challenges of your personal leadership transition. Think deeply both about your work as a new leader, and also about the expectations others within your school hold for you during this transition.
At this workshop, you will:
- Creatively reflect about leadership as a manifestation of your best self
- Think actively about networks of leadership and support, including tools for creating your own personalized network map
- Address changing relationships and managing difficult conversations, using resources adapted from the Harvard Negotiation Project (HNP)
- Engage in small group collaborative design sessions, assessing and addressing your most pressing current and anticipating future leadership challenges
Through this work:
- Assess and elaborate on your strengths and needs as an emerging leader
- Use presented strategies and your own reflections to create personalized workflows and routines to support you in your new role
- Practice planning for and having a difficult conversation
- Engage in guided problem solving and reflective discussion with emerging leaders from peer schools
This workshop is produced in partnership with:
- $249 per person for AISNE member schools
- $229 per person when your register 3-4 attendees together
- $199 per person when your register 5 or more attendees together
Non-AISNE Member School Rates:
- $399 per person
- $379 per person when your register 3-4 attendees together
- $359 per person when your register 5 or more attendees together