A full day, immersive program for new teachers starting at independent schools.
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
8:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
St. Mark's School
Begin your new role with energy and confidence. Spend a day together with your peer group of fellow beginning teachers from independent schools across New England, as well as master teachers there to support your success.
- Arrival, Registration and Breakfast: 8:45 a.m.
- Welcome and Introductions: 9:30 a.m.
- Opening Session: 9:45 - 10:30 a.m.
- Break: 10:30 - 10:45 a.m.
- Key Topics and Case Studies: 10:45 - 12:00 p.m.
- Lunch: 12:30 - 1:15 p.m.
- Session with a Master Teacher in Your Discipline: 1:15 - 3:00 p.m.
- Summary and Farewell: 3:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Shalini Rao, Director of Teaching and Learning, The Fessenden School
- Mike Harrington, Math Teacher, ExPRT Program Lead, Rowing Coach, Middlesex School
This program welcomes and embraces elementary, middle and secondary grade teachers. It focuses on facilitating opportunities to discuss practical and relevant scenarios beginning teachers should anticipate month one through month ten.
In addition to structured conversations with master teachers, participants will enjoy meeting and building relationships with fellow beginning teachers from independent schools across New England.
Topics will include:
- Lesson Planning
- Classroom Manangement
- Parent Communications