AISNE envisions a strong, inclusive, collaborative community of independent schools that - with the help of AISNE and each other - has the information, resources, and strategies it needs to thrive in a continuously changing educational landscape.
At AISNE, we proudly provide forums for our schools to connect and support one another. With school safety squarely in the front of our nation's current agenda, AISNE seeks to be a resource for our schools, as we all navigate what are in many cases, unchartered waters.
This space is a place to find school safety resources and activism opportunities recently shared across our network of AISNE member schools. We are maintaining it as a current resource for any school seeking ideas, support and collaboration.
School Safety Resources
- Safe and Sound Schools
- Is Everybody Ready? Emergency Preparedness (NAIS)
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers (NASP)
- National School Safety & Security Services (consultant referenced by The Boston Globe)
- School Safety Resources (NAESP)
- School Safety (National PTA)
- School Safety Resources for Educators (NEA)
- School Safety & Crisis (NASP)
AISNE Member School Leader Statements About School Safety
- Open Letter on Behalf of Independent Schools of New England (published in The Boston Globe on Sunday, March 11, 2018)
- Letter to Representatives, by a Consortium of Independent Schools of Western MA and Southern VT (February 27, 2018)
School Safety Activism Opportunities
- Women's March: National School Walkout - Wednesday, March 14
- March For Our Lives - Saturday, March 24
- National School Walkout - Friday, April 20
Raising Caring, Responsible, Justice-Committed Students
- Making Caring Common (Harvard University)
Preventing & Responding to Misconduct